[ QUOTE ]
I just think we need a serious plan in place before this happens.
[/ QUOTE ]
I fully agree.
As one SB member put it "I think we(the kids?) can make do with a little less so long as we get to keep our community schools" (To me I think we can all see where the priorities are)
[ QUOTE ]
I just think we need a serious plan in place before this happens.
[/ QUOTE ]
I fully agree.
just a matter of time. just a matter of time before we are forced to consolidate. i've worked in the county for about 10 years and been hearing consolidation as long as i've been here.
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]
Easy way to solve this so everyone has say so and there are no political heads rolling. County makes a proposition funding this, has it written in black and white what tax revenue will have to go to in order to do it. Open the polls. Citizens vote yes to go ahead with refurbishing or no to the refurbishing. If the vote in the county is yes raise the proposed tax, if it is no proceed with consolidation. Easy fix.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
I would also like to know that cost figure and I think it should have been required to be part of the overall study results -- at least for a comparative option. Right now we really have nothing viable to compare the presented figures to except the old study performed under the Basham regime -- around $56 million renovations on a limited number of schools and how old are those figures now.
......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......
I think you present the best idea: Let the citizens decide. I also think it would be best if the consolidation issue was decided by a popular vote of the citizenry.
You just hit the proverbial "nail on the head" there young Skywalker!! Those are the very questions that really needed to have been asked and have answered by ANY study that the School Board (SB) could have commissioned. Would it have cost more initially? Probably. But, at least we would now have a better idea of what direction to turn instead of simply needing to contract more studies and planning to help us decide (at even higher costs). I'm very disappointed in how this was handled by both school administration and the SB. I just don't think it was thought out very well from the start -- it just seemed too rushed. They really didn't know what questions to ask or what they really needed to be "studied" IMHO.
......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like that they are feeling more pressure to 'do something' and where a lot of them campaigned on being against consolidation, hoped a study would show them the way. Instead, it appears that the study has shown them nothing but a hard way, no matter what way they go.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
I'm curious about one thing, and while I realize its crazy, with the emotions that have been shown, its a question that probably needs to be asked.
Instead of trying to repair 6 schools, since everybody seems so willing to shell out money for 6 from who knows where, how much difference would you be looking at to build 6 schools?
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
That is a good question? Some one should form a committee to look into studying that [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Bookmarks